Skip to main content

Early Years, Schools and Education

You can find any early years childcare provider or out of school club in this directory. Some childcare providers have their SEN information available to download within the directory listing, others will have a link to their website. The information they provide will tell you how they support children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).

You can also find any Salford school in this directory and this will give you a link to their website where you will be able to access further information.

Schools need to produce a SEN Information report which describes how they support pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).

The Local Authority’s SEND Children Thrive Graduated Response documents can be found below.

SEND Children Thrive – Early Years

SEND Children Thrive- School Age

SEND Children Thrive - Post 16

These documents reflect and support local schools with SEND processes; from early identification of need, making adjustments, SEND Support interventions and beyond (which is what we call a ‘Graduated Response’).

Please let us know your experiences of using the SEND Children Thrive document using this short survey: SEND Children Thrive - Evaluation - Google Forms .We will use this feedback to review and make amendments on an annual basis.

The Educational Psychology Service are currently consulting with parents/carers to develop a version that supports their understanding of what to expect from a graduated response to SEND in Salford schools. Please express an interest and get involved by leaving your contact details through our email address:

To apply for a school place online, please go to the School Admissions link on this page. 


Springwood Primary School have created a virtual tour for prospective parents, they also have a playground which parents can book whilst in lockdown (see flier on the right hand side.)

One parent, Judith has been enjoying the playground with her son Joe:

“Just to let you know we have one very happy young man here today! He absolutely loved being in the park. It was the first time he’s been out since lockdown so very precious times for us.”

Guidance for parents and carers (AFC)

This short guide provides tips about how children preparing for, or going through, the transition to secondary school can best be supported by their parents and carers. 

Children returning to school is a key priority this term to ensure our young people achieve their full potential. The council is seeking support from all agencies to promote school attendance with children, young people and their families and reassure families as much as possible that all agencies, including schools, want to work in partnership to support all children’s safe return to school. Fining for non-attendance will only be used as an absolute last resort.  

We know that many children and young people are happy to return to school to see their friends, but we completely understand that others have been anxious about going back and being away from their families after spending so long at home. 

There are many really useful resources to support mental health. The GM Mental Health & Wellbeing partnership have collated a range of information leaflets, short films, advice and guidance to support children and young people in returning back into their educational settings.