Do you want to get involved in decision making about the services that affect you and your family?
There are lots of ways you can get involved in influencing decisions:
- The Local Offer website is regularly reviewed and updated. We value your feedback and comments, and want to hear from you about what you think is working well and what needs to change or be added. Please complete our survey- Local Offer feedback form.
- The Salford Local Offer Partnership.
- Salford Parent Carer Forum - Facebook page
- Attend training - IPSEA do run Foundation SEND law training sessions for parents and carers throughout England. It provides parents, carers and family members of children and young people with all types of special educational needs and/or disability (SEND) with an introduction to the law relating to the education and training of children and young people with SEND. You do not need any previous knowledge of SEND Law, but must be the parent, carer or family member of a child with SEND.
- Sign up to Healthwatch and help to influence and improve Salford's health and social care services.
- Go along to your local community committee meeting if you want to influence decisions about your neighbourhood and things that happen locally to you.
- If they're old enough, your child may want to get involved with Salford Youth Council and have their say on issues that affect young people in Salford.
- What is a Parent Carer Forum and what do they do?
- Why should I join my local Parent Carer Forum?