I AM Celebrating Autism in Greater Manchester (formerly ASGMA)
I AM Celebrating Autism aims to help children aged 10 and over and adults with autistic spectrum conditions (ASC) to develop a ‘tool kit’ of life skills, particularly the social and communication skills that are needed to successfully function in today’s society.
We have supported many hundreds of people in a variety of settings. All of our staff are trained in the particular difficulties associated with Autistic Spectrum Conditions. They are all experienced and trained at supporting this unique client group.
The project gives members the opportunity to socialise and make friends in a supported and protective environment.
Our current activities include:
- Laser Quest, Bowling, Cinema
- Meals out
- Youth Clubs: Evenings and weekend
- Take Away and DVD nights
- Pub/ Social Nights
- Drop In Sessions (Daytime)
- Gaming group
- 1-2-1 support
- Holiday Activities have included: Alton Towers, Barge Trips, Chester Zoo, Day in the Lake District
- Parent/carer/family support group
Members are involved in helping to choose and run activities.
For further information please contact I AM on the number shown.
- 10 +
Who to contact
- 0161 866 8483
- I AM Celebrating Autism in Greater Manchester
Where to go
- I AM Resource Centre and throughout Greater Manchester
1114 Chester Road
- M32 0HL
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Activities run at various times throughout the week and weekends; please check the website for full details https://i-am-autism.org.uk/
- Session Information
Various sessions running throughout the week
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Individuals and families can self refer or can be referred to us through other bodies.
Simply give us a call or drop us an email to discuss how we can help.
- Other notes
I AM Celebrating Autism in Greater Manchester works across the 10 Manchester Boroughs and supports children and adults who are autistic and their families.
- Costs vary depending on the type of activity
I AM Celebrating Autism in Greater Manchester supports autistic children (and adults)
We provide Youth Clubs and activities during the school holidays. We can also provide one to one support and run a support group for parents and a free information and advice line.
- Contact Name
- Wendy Griffin
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood - Push to second line (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type