Transition Support Team - Complex Needs
The transition team are there to :-
- To answer any questions or queries you may have about growing up in Salford and preparing yourself for adulthood through YPTransition@srft.nhs.uk
- Signpost you to groups and other organisations that may be able to help you
- Work with you and develop your own independence and confidence through the teenage to adult group (TAG).
- Add you to our distribution list so you are up to date and aware of what available should you wish to access it within Salford
If you think you may need extra help and support we can:
- Come and visit you to find out more about you, your needs and your current and future aspirations
- Work with you and those who know you best to develop an assessment of your needs and personal goals (outcomes)
- We will help you plan how you can meet your needs and attain your personal goals (outcomes). If you are eligible for adult services we will support you to develop ‘a plan/your plan’ this is known as a support plan. The support plan can says what is important to you and how you want to be supported. It will say what help and support you will get to meet your needs and help achieve your personal goals (outcomes) and aspirations.
For Information, Advice and Guidance contact a member of our Transitions Support Team
Paula Officer (Transition Co-Ordinator)
Emma Douglas (Transition Social Worker)
Karolina Pickering (Transition Social Worker)
Nichola Picken (Person Centred Quality Officer)
Julia Newall (MAPPS Co-ordinator)
To submit a referral for a Transitional Assessment:
Under 18: * YPTransitions@srft.nhs.uk
Over 18: Contact Centre 0161 631 4777
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Transition Support Team
- Contact Position
- Paula Officer
- 0161 793 2295
Transition: this is the change from being a child to adult.
If you use children’s services, this also describes the move from children’s services to adult services.
Your local social services can give you information about this, the information will come from the Transition Team.
When you are 14yrs people will start to talk to you about what you want to do when you leave school, and grow up. If you have an Education Health and Care Plan, this will start in your Year 9 Preparing for Adulthood Review and continue from there. There will be lots of changes happening in your life over the next few years, some you will be happy with, and some you will be sad about. This is all part of growing up and there are lots of people who can help you get ready and understand the changes.
There is lots of information and the transition team are there to help.
Where to go
- Based at City Approach
For all enquires contact YPTransition@srft.nhs.uk
- Referral Details
Referrals can be made to YPTransition@srft.nhs.uk by email for information and advice.
There is also a referral form called Transition Form Part 1.
Self referrals accepted also referrals from professionals.
- Other notes
If a young person already receives a service from either Health or Social Care, or you think a young person will require an Adult Service the Transition Team is here to help.
Please contact YPTransition@srft.nhs.uk