Stepping Stones Creative
We are an organisation for young people aged 10 - 25 years old, with additional needs. Below is taken from our constitutional objects:
To provide relief to people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, and people experiencing mental health issues, in particular but not exclusively by providing:
- Help and support through the Arts for them and their families, dependents, and carers; and
- Support and facilities for recreation and education, with the object of improving their conditions of life through the Arts.
Our aim, is to provide high quality arts experiences, through:
- Practical workshops, training courses and mentoring in various art forms;
- Festivals, events, and work experience programmes in partnership with schools and other organisations; and
- Facilities and resources to enable the creation of art.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Michael Appleyard
- Contact Position
Where to go
- Cadishead Public Band Community Hall
- M44 6RB
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open Saturday Mornings 10am - 12.00noon. This is our regular session, we do organise events outside this time. More information on our website.
- Time of day
- Session Information
Saturday morning session is a multi-arts session: arts and crafts
- Referral required
- Other notes
We cater for young people with complex needs/learning difficulties. Our programme is varied, often using different locations.g. Whitworth Art Gallery, Salford Children's Holiday centre.
We use different spaces, introducing our young people to these spaces, through their art work, as an audience and/or as performers.We encourage inclusive activities and are developing an inclusive movement and dance group.
We facilitate decision-making, empowerment and independence using the arts, with much of our work emphasising meaning and expression.
Our sessions are relaxed and fun, emphasising a stress free environment.
We believe in making connections and have links, using digital online, with several other groups.
We offer online movement and art sessions, for those who have difficulty in attending our face to face sessions.
- Costs vary according to the activity we have organised.