Healthwatch Salford is your health and social care champion. If you use GPs and hospitals, dentists, pharmacies, care homes or other support services, we want to hear about your experiences. As an independent statutory body, we have the power to make sure NHS leaders and other decision makers listen to your feedback and improve standards of care. We help people like you to have your say and get the information and advice you need.
- All ages
Who to contact
Where to go
The Old Town Hall, 5
- M30 0FN
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Other notes
What our service is.
- A free, friendly and confidential service that is independent from the NHS and social care services.
- We will perform a signposting role only. This means that we will give the you the contact details for a range of services that best supports your request. You will then need to contact those organisations yourself.
- We can give you information about choices you have with regard to where you might get help in relation to your health, social care and wellbeing needs.
- We can put you in touch with sources of information on NHS and social care services in Salford.
- We can give you information about what to do when things go wrong and you don’t understand how to make a complaint.
What our service is not
- Our service is not supported by trained clinicians or health and care professionals. It means that we cannot offer advice on clinical matters. This might include advise and information about medication, queries about a diagnosis made by a doctor or recommendations about a choice over a particular treatment pathway.
- We are not a part of the NHS or Salford Council. Whilst we will use your feedback to improve services, we have no powers to investigate individual formal complaints about them.
- We cannot offer advice as to the ‘best’ place to go to receive a service or offer an opinion as which service you should choose for treatment, care or further information.
- We are not an advocacy service and so cannot make a complaint to a service on your behalf. If you need help or support to formally complain about an NHS service then you should contact Citizens Advice Salford or Mind in Salford for advocacy support. Also take a read of our advice article here on how to make a complaint.
- We are not able to offer financial, relationship, legal or similar specialist advice. This form of advice should always be sought from a trained specialist such as a solicitor, counsellor or financial advisor.
How to contact us
You can contact us with your query as follows:
By telephone: 0330 355 0300
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we cannot resolve your query immediately or a member of staff is unable to speak with you then we will always endeavour to return your message within three working days.