We help children 16 or under with a wide range of brain disorders and conditions. As well as research, we can offer support directly to children, through information, advice, grants and more.
The general areas we cover are listed below with a few examples of conditions that fall within the broader categories. If your child has a condition that isn't covered in the list below, still get in contact.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Developmental disorders like global developmental delay, dyspraxia and learning disabilities.
- Seizure disorders such as Epilepsy, west syndrome, lennox gastaut syndrome and dravet syndrome.
- Traumatic Brain Injury like head injury and shaken baby syndrome.
- Acquired Brain Injury due to infections like encephalitis and meningitis, stroke, brain tumours, hypoxic event or haemorrhage.
- Down syndrome and other Chromosomal/Genetic conditions - Some examples being Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome) and 18 (Edward syndrome), Fragile X, Angelman syndrome, Prader-willi syndrome, Cornelia de Lange, Rett syndrome, Williams syndrome and chromosome deletion disorders.
- Brain Malformation/Abnormality like Agenesis of the corpus callosum, Dandy Walker syndrome, Arnold Chiari malformation, lissencephaly, microcephaly and macrocephaly.
Degeneration of the brain – Cerebral atrophy and Periventricular Leukomalacia for example.
- Conditions caused in utero such as Foetal alcohol syndrome or as the result of some sort of toxin.
Who to contact
- 01267 244 200