Stockport Canal Boat Trust Limited
New Horizons is an accessible narrow boat, offering disabled people a chance to enjoy the peace and tranquility of our fabulous canal network.
New Horizons is 70 feet long and just 6 feet 10 inches wide to allow it to pass through the many narrow bridges and locks on the canal system. It is navigated by a skipper and volunteer crew. The boat has a boarding ramp, a lift and wheelchair access throughout its length. There's accommodation for a maximum of 12 passengers on half-day and whole-day trips. !
- Fully accessible with boarding ramp and lift.
- Wheelchair access throughout the length of the boat.
- Fully accessible toilet area.
- Raised open air viewing deck at the front of the boat.
- Centrally heated Lounge observation cabin.
- Fully trained skipper and crew to navigate the boat.
In addition to all this, there's mains power supply (240v) and mobile phone for emergency calls. There is a radio, television and video player, guidebooks and maps, board games and cards. And for children there are pencils, crayons and colouring books.
Who to contact
07413 565 150
Where to go
- SK6 6BW
Full Parking facilities at the wharf - free, all parking is suitable for people with disabilities.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Season runs April to October