Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
The Pennine Acute Hospitals Trust serves the communities of North Manchester, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham, along with the surrounding towns and villages. This area is collectively known as the North-East sector of Greater Manchester and has a population of around 820,000.
The Trust has a total operating budget of over half a billion pounds. Its main commissioners are NHS Bury, NHS Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale, NHS Oldham and NHS North Manchester CCGs.
The Trust provides a range of elective emergency, district general services, some specialist services and operates from four main hospital sites and community clinics:
- Fairfield General Hospital, Bury
- North Manchester General Hospital
- The Royal Oldham Hospital
- Rochdale Infirmary
The Trust provides services in the following principle specialties:
- Accident and Emergency
- Diagnostics, comprising: Anaesthetics; Pathology; Radiology; Critical Care and Clinical Professions
- Medicine, comprising: sexual health and infectious disease; Endocrinology and Diabetes; Elderly Care and Rheumatology; Cardiology, Respiratory, Oncology and Palliative Care and General Medicine
- Specialist services, comprising: HIV/ AIDS, renal care and HPB (liver surgery)
- Surgery, comprising: General surgery; Orthopaedics; Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery; Dental; Ophthalmology; Urology and Gastroenterology
- Women and Children, comprising: Gynaecology; Obstetrics; Community Midwifery and Paediatric care
- Community Services in North Manchester; comprising: Active Case Management, Community Nutrition, Continence, District Nursing, Falls and Navigator, Funded Nursing Care, Home Enteral Feeding, Intermediate Care, Macmillan Nursing & Therapy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry/Vascular Triage, Stroke, Tissue Viability/Leg Ulcer Service.
We employ around 9,000 staff and as the largest non-teaching Trust in the country, we aim to deliver high quality healthcare services to the patients and communities we serve.
Find out more about the Trust at: www.pat.nhs.uk
Article provided by NHS Choices
Who to contact
Fax: 0161 627 3130
Tel: 0161 624 0420
Where to go
North Manchester General Hospital
- M8 5RB