Achieve Assertive Outreach Salford
Achieve is here for anyone in Salford who is experiencing problems with drugs and/ or alcohol. We can help you get well and stay well. We believe anyone living with a substance misuse problem can recover and we are here to help you achieve that. We also help people who support someone with a substance misuse issue.
The Big Life group deliver Assertive Outreach as part of Achieve. They can help you take the first step in getting help and make sure you find support that is right for you.
How can Achieve help me?
Whatever your experience or stage you are at, we can help you achieve a future towards recovery and wellbeing. We are here for anyone who:
- Is worried about their drinking or drug use
- Feels their drinking or drug use is out of control
- Is experiencing medical or mental health problems because of their drinking or drug use
- Think their drinking or drug use could be having negative effects on their family and friends
- Is worried about a person they care about and their drinking and drug use
What support is available?
We can help you access:
- Talking therapies and groups to help understand any underlying causes of substance misuse
- Harm reduction strategies such as needle exchanges to help keep you safe
- Support with housing and accommodation
- Education, employment, volunteering and training opportunities
- Specialist help for families and young people affected by addiction
- Clinical help to support the physical aspects of addiction
- Peer support – we can introduce you to people who have similar experience
Who to contact
- 0161 871 2623
In light of the current situation, we are making changes to the way we deliver services at the moment. One-to-one appointments that would normally be delivered face-to-face will now take place over the phone or through video call. There is no need to call us to confirm – your regular point of contact will call you at the time your appointment was scheduled.
We are also no longer holding groups inside. We’re currently arranging alternatives where possible through considering walking or virtual groups. Please contact your group facilitator, or the centre where the group runs from, for more information.
Where to go
Big Life, 339
- M15 4ZY