ASGMA (Autistic Society Greater Manchester Area)
The ASGMA Aspirations project aims to help people with Asperger Syndrome to develop a ‘tool kit’ of life skills, particularly the social and communication skills that are needed to successfully function in today’s society.
We have supported over 500 people in a variety of settings. All of our staff are trained in the particular difficulties associated with Autistic Spectrum Conditions in general and Asperger Syndrome in particular. They are all experienced and trained at supporting this unique client group.
The Aspirations project gives its members the opportunity to socialise and make friends in a supported and protective environment.
Our current activities include:
- Midweek and evening youth clubs for our younger members.
- Weekly evening activities
- Laser Quest, Bowling, Cinema
- Meals out
- Youth Clubs: Evening and weekend
- Take Away and DVD nights
- Pub/ Social Nights
- Football Team
- Drop In Sessions: Daytime, evening and weekend
- Independent Living Skills Classes
- 1-2-1 support
- Holiday Activities have included: Alton Towers, Barge Trips, Chester Zoo, Day in the Lake District
- Short Break Holidays.
For further information please contact ASGMA on the number shown.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Peter Halliwell
- Contact Position
- Support Services Manager
0161 866 8483
0161 866 8485
Where to go
- ASGMA Resource Centre and throughout Greater Manchester
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Activities run at various times throughout the week; please check the website for full details; www.asgma.org.uk