Our vision is for all children to grow up in a world free from bullying and harm, with adults who keep them safe and help them to reach their full potential.
Our mission is to provide children, families, carers and professionals with advice, training and practical tools to prevent bullying and protect young lives.
The importance of our work
Research by the Department for Education has shown that at least one child in every class is bullied on a daily or weekly basis.
Bullying is the repetitive, intentional hurting of one person or group by another person or group, where the relationship involves an imbalance of power.
Bullying behaviour can take many forms, often in combination – such as verbal, physical, emotional or cyberbullying. Bullying is a child protection issue by law, and we all have a legal duty to keep children safe from bullying and harm.
Bullying is devastating for young lives. Anxiety, depression, self harm and suicidal ideation are common amongst children who experience bullying, and the negative effects can be felt long into adult life, affecting academic achievement, relationships and long term mental and physical health.
We give hope and help to thousands of children and families each year and work with communities throughout England and Wales to help keep children safe.
The impact of our work
There are five main ways that we reduce the impact of bullying and harm:
- Building communities of support
- Reducing isolation and loneliness
- Promoting positive relationships
- Supporting resilience and wellbeing
- Helping children recognise and respond to bullying behaviour.
See Impact for details of what we deliver and how it changes young lives.
- We believe that every child has the right to live life free from bullying and harm
- We believe that all adults have a responsibility for creating safe and nurturing environments for children
- We value the role of parents and carers and work with them to keep children safe
- We believe that by working together we can protect more young lives and actively encourage partnership work
Who to contact
- 020 7730 3300
Where to go
2 Grosvenor Gardens
- SW1W 0DH