Physiotherapy helps to restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. It can also help to reduce your risk of injury or illness in the future.
Physiotherapists are physical activity specialists working with you to enable you to manage your condition. They are expertly skilled to assess, diagnose, and manage patients with musculoskeletal conditions much in the same way as doctors.
Muscle or joint problems (sometimes called musculoskeletal problems or MSK) like back pain, knee pain or sprains are best managed by you, supported by physiotherapists. Physiotherapists can transform your life by:
- Reducing pain
- Improving quality of life
- Keeping you out of hospital
- Reducing disability
- Reversing the deterioration of conditions
MSK Physiotherapy includes:
- Assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions
- Pre and post-operative rehabilitation
- Treatment can include:
- exercise and rehabilitation programmes
- a range of classes, group exercises and advice sessions
- manual techniques (if appropriate and in association with exercise)
- acupuncture (if appropriate and in association with exercise)
Who to contact
Where to go
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust Hospital
- M6 8HD
- Referral required
- Referral Details
You can refer yourself using our referral form.
You must live in Salford or have a Salford GP.