Independent Complaints Advocacy
If you're not happy with the service you've had from a doctor, dentist, hospital, nurse or other NHS service, you can complain. It's not always easy to complain and you might not feel confident.
Independent complaints advocacy provides a free, confidential and independent service to help you understand your rights, make informed choices and make your complaint. An advocate will support you to:
- explore the options available at every stage of the complaints procedure
- provide confidential support from someone who is independent of the NHS
- write effective letters to the right people
- prepare for meetings and maybe even go with you
- contact and speak to third parties if required
A range of self-help materials is available if you do not need the support of an advocate but want some advice on the best way to make a complaint.
Who to contact
- 0808 801 0390