Salford Royal Speech and Language Therapy Service
Who we are and what we do
The Speech and Language Therapy service is part of Salford Royal Foundation Trusts children service department. Our team of Speech and Language Therapists has expert knowledge in speech, language and communication development. We specialise in supporting you to help children of all ages overcome difficulties with speech and language, as well as helping those who have problems with eating and swallowing.
All our Speech and Language Therapists are graduates with Honours and/or Masters Degrees in Speech and Language Therapy and are all registered with the Health Professions Council.
We also have a team of Communication Development Workers (CDWs), who have relevant experience working with young children and who complete our additional training. Focusing on babies, toddlers and nursery age children, they work closely with our Therapists to support parents and early year’s staff.
We work in close partnership with families, carers and other professionals to provide the best possible help for children with communication difficulties. We work with children from 0-19 years providing a wide range of approaches which include; providing support and advice, offering training on many different aspects of speech , language and communication needs and providing individual or group therapy or identifying that a child needs support from another health or educational professional .
We work with:
- Newborn babies with feeding or swallowing difficulties
- Pre-school children who have difficulties with development of communication/ speech/ language and feeding
- School aged children whose communication difficulties are affecting their education and/or social development
- Children who stammer (dysfluency)
- Teachers and Early Years practitioners who want to know the best way to support children with communication difficulties in their classrooms.
The service is delivered in the following locations:
- Eccles Gateway 0161 206 1713
- Newbury Place Health Centre 0161 206 1753
- Irlam Medical Centre 0161 206 1712
- Pendleton Gateway 0161 206 1522
- Swinton Gateway 0161 793 3770
- Walkden Gateway 0161 206 1654
We also work within schools, Route29, Salford Youth Justice Service and Secure Care settings.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Head Office
Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
7th Floor, St James' House
- M6 5FW
- Referral required