Ellesmere Park High School Enhanced Resource Provision
Ellesmere Park High School is a mainstream Secondary School that caters for children aged from 11-16 years old. We have an Enhanced Resource Provision in Key Stage 3 (ages 11-14) and Key Stage 4 (ages 14-16) for children with Autism Spectrum Condition and Social Communication difficulties.
We can cater for up to 20 children in the Enhanced Resource Provision. These children must all have an Education Health Care Plan, have a level of complexity that means their needs would be best suited to an Enhanced Resource Provision and meet the eligibility criteria.
All Enhanced Resource Provision placements are reviewed regularly through the EHCP Review process to ensure it continues to be the most appropriate setting for the child or young person.
Children accessing the Enhanced Resource Provision will spend approximately 70% of their time in mainstream lessons and 30% within the enhanced resource provision.
A young person placed at the ERP will:
· Have presenting complex social communication and interaction difficulties related to their diagnosis of autism Require specialist support and intervention enabling a greater access to a mainstream curriculum
· Be able to fully benefit from the provision in the ERP
· Be working towards independence (travel, personal organisation etc)
· Aim towards achieving qualifications at GCSE or equivalent level and will benefit from appropriate transition arrangements leading to further educational opportunities or supported employment.
· Have completed the primary curriculum, usually spending some time in a mainstream primary school and will benefit from access to a mainstream secondary school with the increased level of independence this entails.
Our highly specialised Enhanced Resource Provision offers opportunities for children to maximise their learning potential through a nurturing and balanced connection to a secondary mainstream curriculum and environment, providing support for children to access and be included within the wider mainstream school community and allow them opportunities to be the best that they can be.
- 11 - 16
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Iain Ross
- Contact Position
- 0161 507 6420
- Ellesmere Park High School website
Where to go
- Ellesmere Park High School
- M30 9BP