Salford Information, Advice and Support Service (SIASS)
We offer impartial information, advice and support to children, young people and parents/carers about special educational needs and disability (SEND), including matters relating to health and social care. We have a role in ensuring your views are heard, understood and respected.
We're a free, dedicated, confidential and impartial service offering a single point of regular and consistent contact. We can explain how special educational needs are identified and assessed, who you should talk to, and we can inform you of your rights and responsibilities.
Here is the link, so parents / carers can can access the information to.
Either by phone, email or in person, we can give you:
• the law on special educational needs and disability (SEND)
• statements and Education Health and Care Plans
• personalisation and personal budgets
• the Local Offer
• managing mediation, appeals to the First-Tier Tribunal (SEN and Disability), exclusions and complaints
• SEN support in mainstream schools and post-16 institutions
• special schools and other SEN education
• gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to your own situation
• where to go for additional support locally or nationally, including voluntary services
• what to do when things go wrong
• arranging or attending meetings with school, college, the local authority, health/social services or other agencies
• writing letters and reports
• annual reviews of statements and Education Health and Care Plans
• Salford City Council's processes for resolving disagreements and its complaints procedures
We also host regular drop-ins each week at different Gateway centres across the city and also online, where you can speak directly with one of our team. We advertise these via e-mail and on our Facebook. E-mail SIASS@salford.gov.uk to request these details.
Follow our page on Facebook here for all the updates relating to SIASS and lots of other activities within Salford.
- 0 - 24
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Salford Information, Advice and Support Service (SIASS)
- 0161 778 0343/ 0161 778 0349
- To make a referral to SIASS, either for yourself or for someone you know, please complete the form
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
Due to staff working both from home and in the office it is better to e-mail where possible to get a quick response
- Referral required
- Referral Details
All new referrals to the service should go through our online referral form. This will allow us to triage it and refer it to the relevant person on the team.
Please note: do not send safeguarding/child protection information to us.
The Bridge Partnership can be contacted by telephone on 0161 603 4500 from 8.30am to 4.30pm. If you need to speak to somebody about your referral of concern outside these hours, please call the Emergency Duty Team on 0161 794 8888.
You can also e-mail the service at: SIASS@salford.gov.uk
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Free