Our information, advice and signposting service for people who are losing their sight, are visually impaired or blind. We can help with all aspects of your condition:
- direct you to the people, services and organisations there to help, both locally and nationally, including voluntary groups and support from social services
- financial benefits, concessions and grants that you could be entitled to
- everyday products that can help make life easier
- suggest ways you can continue to enjoy your hobbies and leisure time
- help you join and use our library service of over 40,000 titles in braille, Moon, giant print and audio
- employment, training and education opportunities
- housing options, whether staying in your own home or moving elsewhere
- emotional support and counselling services
- or simply to offer a listening ear.
Our specialist advice workers will spend time with you over the phone, making sure the support they give is right for you. We'll call you back a few weeks later to find out how you're getting on and what else we can do to help.