Here you will find useful information and updates on the current situation concerning the Coronavirus pandemic and the changes that have been brought about because of it.
Please also see attached downloadable documents on the right hand side.
(For subtitles click the CC box on the video above)
- CAMHS have created a website for young people, carers and professionals bringing together lots of helpful resources from across the internet that are available to help support mental health and well-being.
Salford CAMHS will continue to offer a service to young people and their families throughout the pandemic, they are continuing to accept referrals ensuring young people’s mental health needs are supported.
The way you access the service may be a little bit different with some appointments being done by video link, and in some cases where needed and safe to do, we may offer face to face therapeutic treatments. Please note that the safety of our patients and our staff here at Salford CAMHS is paramount.
To speak to Salford CAMHS for advice and queries Tel: 0161 518 5400, email: cmm-tr.Salford-CAMHS@nhs.net (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm).
For more information on the Salford CAMHS service please visit our website: www.cmft.nhs.uk.
- There have been big changes in our lives because of coronavirus, so the Children’s Commissioner has created a Children’s Guide to Coronavirus to help explain the situation. The guide aims to answer children’s questions about coronavirus, tell children how to stay safe and protect other people and how to help them make the best of their time at home.
- The Lowry have creativity sessions running online.
- Bereavement support.
- Childline: Calm Zone.
- Emotionally friendly resources.
- Coronavirus advice and mental health support from Young Minds.
- Anti-Baddies - helps to explain coronavirus to children (see downloads on the right hand side of the screen).
- The GM Health & Social Care Partnership has advice, information and resources to support and manage wellbeing.
- Spirit of Salford Network on Facebook - if you need help or assistance with anything.
- Spirit of Salford Helpline 0800 952 1000, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm, Saturday, 9am to 1pm (Salford City Council).
- There is government guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people's mental health.
- Mencap coronavirus easy read documents.
- Resources for families/carers and workers to use with people with learning disabilities through the coronavirus restrictions (see downloads on the right hand side of the screen).
- Springwood Community Playground at Springwood School with toilet and changing facilities for children with special needs. Access via a pass system which is available from the school and needs to be obtained in advance of visiting for the first time. Opening Times: Weekends, School holiday, evenings after 4pm.
Address: Springwood School Barton Road Swinton M27 5LP Tel: 0161 778 0022
Home schooling children with SEND
Salford has a team of dedicated SEND specialist teachers and psychologists who are keen to support you with your learning at home challenges.
If your child is not currently in school and you’re struggling to get them to do their school work, or if you need some support or advice on managing their SEND needs you can email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the specialists will get back to you. They can also signpost you to other professionals who can help you or answer your questions.
Springwood school have also created a virtual tour for parents to use to have a look around.
There is also access to their playground. One parent, Judith has been using the playground with her son, Joe, whilst in lockdown:
“Just to let you know we have one very happy young man here today! He absolutely loved being in the park. It was the first time he’s been out since lockdown so very precious times for us."