Skip to main content

What is My City Directory?

What is My City Directory?

My City Directory is free website providing Salford residents with information about organisations, services and activities/events in the local area. The directory is categorised by Services and Groups, Childcare, the Local Offer (services for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities and their parents/carers), and Adult Care and Support.

Where does the information come from?

Salford City Council makes every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date. Directory records are created and maintained by service providers. Providers sign up for an account and create a record. They input the information into these records such as a service description, contact details and cost information. Once the provider has submitted their record, it is moderated by the My City Directory team. 

Providers are asked to update their records every 6 months, as a minimum. When this is not adhered to, the My City Directory team contact the provider directly. 

How do I know these services are safe?

As Salford City Council does not endorse or recommend services on the My City Directory, we encourage you to assess the suitability of a service yourself. This list is not exhaustive but you may wish to check:

  • Have they got valid public liability insurance?
  • Are staff adequately trained?
  • Do staff have Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, previously known as CRB) checks?
  • Do they have a good Food Standards rating?
  • Do they have the relevant registrations in place such as OFSTED or CQC?

The Government have published a guide to help parents and carers choose a safe out-of-school setting for their children to attend.

You may also want to check reports on the OFSTED and CQC websites.

What if I’m worried about a child or adult?

If you are worried about a child contact the Bridge Partnership on 0161 603 4500 or report a safeguarding concern online.

If you are concerned about an adult at risk contact Adult Safeguarding on 0161 206 0604 or report a safeguarding concern online.

If it’s an emergency, call 999.